Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Customer service still exists (HAD/BTF)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by perp, Aug 11, 2005.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

I have been buying alot of parts lately to try and fnish my project k5 :haha: and in the process have come to really admire two companies who post here
    I ordered a rear drive shaft from Jesse and it arrived looking sharp! It wasn't Cheap but you almost always get what you pay for. The workmanship is top notch. BUT. As I dug around i the bottom of the box for my 1410 yolk that was orderd with the shaft, i found nothing but packing paper. So I called and left a message early the morning, and got a pretty fast call back. Jesse and i talked and he said that the shipping weight indicated it was in the box when it was sent. He asked me to describe the package and taping for him and as I did, I could see where the box looked to have been retaped at one end. Apperently the UPS MOFOs handled it so bad the box opened and the yolk fell out. So they kindly taped it up and looked away (I am assuming most of this). After finding the package damage, Jesse said he would file a claim with UPS on his end and was going to send me out a new yolk without today! That's the way to make a lifetime customer out of me. then for the frosting on the cake he even offered to have it overnighted if i wished. Damn thats refreshing. My truck isn't going anywhere soon so i declined the express shipping. Thank you Jesse
    In a weirdly similar story, Blue Torch Fab also sent me some diff covers and u bolt plates. the 14ff plate got here, as did the diff covers, but no d60 plates. box was all beat to hell again! one call and no questions asked, they sent a new pair of plates! Thank you BTF
    Please help support these buisnesses as this level of service is really not what you get most everywhere else these days. Pics and links Below
    High Angle Driveline and BTF

truck 025.jpg

truck 023.jpg

2. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

That's great, but how sad to know there is a HAD 1410 yoke being kicked around in some UPS storeroom that nobody even knows what they're looking at. :doah: What a waste! :crazy:

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

The bastard are probably using it to hold open a door :eek1:

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Allways had great service from HAD:bow:
    Never delt with BTF, but alway heard great things.

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Good to know.. thanks for the testimonial. It's nice to know what type of service one can expect if they choose to use either company. I have heard good things about both in the past.

6. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Wait a minute... did it get routed thru Childress, Texas by any chance? :whistle: :haha:

7. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I couldn't agree more-both are top notch people to deal with. :thumb:

8. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Your first pic, I'm hoping to have 2 of those within the next few weeks :D

9. gotmud77

gotmud77 1/2 ton status

I just got a order from BTF and great quaility and great service also. I to am hoping to order my front and rear shafts from HAD with in the next 2 weeks along with one of his e brake kits so i am glad to support a great business.