Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

customer service?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyin, Dec 22, 2005.

1. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

I got an early x-mas present,Traxass Revo:D .{RC truck} So i take it out to do the engine breakin,fuel it up, batteries in ready to go. I turn on the controller and the brake and steering servo are going nuts:eek1: .OK take it back to the local hobby store where it was bought. They said call the factory nothing we can do about it:mad: . Well i call the factory and they are closed for the holiday's. Keep in mind this thing is brand new never been started. Oh yea and they cost 500.00$ Guess i,ll be calling after the new year,any ideas on some choice words for them? Sorry for the ranting just blowing off steam:wink1:

2. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

There is something they can do about it. GIVE THE MONEY BACK!!!! Since when can any retail store sell defective merchandise and not be responsible?????

3. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

3, I'm sure I could have pushed the issue more but I was trying not to lose my temper. The bad thing is I would of been happy just getting it fixed or even give me what ever parts that are broken. I allready opened all the little packages and did the some assembley thing, even the obligatory go faster stickers they provide so they could,nt fix and sell as new.

4. 3 on the tree

Unless they are trying to blame the malfunction on you, its their problem-not yours. Just go back and tell them you're gonna start telling everyone you know how they treated you, including local paper and tv station. I bet they will decide it is their problem.

5. chevyin

chevyin 1/2 ton status

HE HE going out to the shop and install the WTO hydro that came ups today. New parts and installing makes you feal all warm and fuzzy. No more rc truck woes

6. 3 on the tree

Cool, glad it worked out for you. Many years ago while stationed in Japan, I bought an rc kit in town. ALL the instructions were in Japanese!! Took me 3 months to build that thing. It was 1/8 scale Mayers Manx dune buggy. I drove the MPs crazy with it, running it down the streets on base, their Jeeps couldn't catch it. I would hide between buildings and run circles around them and their vehicles.
    I had to put the friction drive clutch together, along with the pull starter-what a pain. Have fun with yours.

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If you are using an AM radio controller set, don't be surprised when that happens. Most cheap R/C cars are AM and usually one of two frequencies. If yours is the same, or even close to the same, yours will be controlled by over-running controllers that may have more battery power. If you are using an AM set, I suggest at least moving up to an FM set.

Otherwise...if that's not the case...that sucks...but alas, such is Warranty crap. All the companies we have to call at work for warranty have goofy hours right now, so no doubt, we will be at a lack of work around the holidays.

8. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Check for viberations,,,

High frequency viberation ( casused by the engine running etc. )
    can set up RF which will cause the radio to go nuts if hard mounted to the frame.

Make sure you take the reciever and wrap it in some foam rubber to
    dampen the viberations.

I run R/C model boats,,and my twin engine hydo is keyed on twin recievers in the boat on seperate batteries and switches and antennas,,but still on the same frequency. The tramsmitter and recievers are a PCM type radio and only key to the radio it is tuned to.

If the recievers get a mixed signal they will shut the boat down as a "failsafe" kicks in This is for saftey as the boats run in excess of 100 mph.The recievers and batteries are wrapped in foam and sealed in a waterproof radio box built into the body of the boat.

In case of a throttle failure I can still steer. In case of a steering failure,I can still shut the throttles.