Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cut out Flares?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dr1553, Sep 22, 2001.

1. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Everyone,

Has anyone here ever used cut out flares? I want to cut the fenders on my '72 but my brother is freaking out about it. He wants it to look stock and be in perfect shape but he doesnt realize just how much rust is on it! I would not cut it if it was not suffering from severe rust. So I figure if I put on the flares no-one but us will know and it will look good.

Later,
    David

2. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I am putting a set on currently. Just take into consideration how large the wheel openings will be now and the comparative size to the tires you'll be running. Als remember the flares will add about 3 inches of width to the wheelwell also. They would look pretty stupid with some tiny pizza cutter tires. Just my .02 though.

Chris =)

I think the exhaust fumes have finally gotten to me!!

3. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

If it is your Blazer and you want to do it then by golly do it......

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

4. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Chris,

I'm going with 40" SS TSL's so I dont think it'll look funny. What brand are you installing? Do you have any pics? I'm curious about just how big the wheel openings will be.

Later,
    David

5. Roostr84

Roostr84 1/2 ton status

I am installing the bushwackers. My fenders were rusted out around the lip anyway so i wasn't too concerned with the originallity aspect of it. There was a pic on here of them a while ago, i will see if i can find the link.

Chris =)

I think the exhaust fumes have finally gotten to me!!

6. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

if you want the flares, I have a full set of bushwacker cut-out flares still in the boxes. let me know.

-Josh

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH

7. 71RestoRod

71RestoRod 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/18892104HzgTHYAePo>Here is a link to the Bushwacker cut out fender flare pics</a>

8. dr1553

dr1553 Registered Member

Josha,

I might consider that....how much? Do you know how much bigger of a tire they let you fit? Say you had 33's...with the cut out flares what size tire could I now run?

Later,
    David

9. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure, but these are huge so I would bet that you could run something 40"+. it also depends on how wide of a tire you use. I think that it'd look great with say, 37x15.50 and a 4" lift. the best part about the cut-outs is that they cut a lot out of the front and back of the wheel well so that you eleminate rubbing even with very wide tires.

as far as price goes, I paid $300 for them, and I'd like to get about that for them.

-Josh

'72 blazer 9" lift YOKO mudders 35x12.50 350/sm465/3.73 UTAH