Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cut out flares

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5Redneck33, May 20, 2003.

1. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

i could really use some information on bushwacker cut out flares... if i had a 4 inch suspension, 3 inch body, and then i decided to put cut out flares.. what size tires would ya say i could run? if those flares dont help much then im considering just addin to inches of suspension to help clear bigger tires. id appreciate the help.. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. khotmer

khotmer 1/2 ton status

thats the setup I have and I think i can run 44s (tight) 40s NP

3. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    thats the setup I have and I think i can run 44s (tight) 40s NP

[/ QUOTE ]

40's! Holy crap! I got 4"/3" and cutouts on my burb, and I think 38's would be the max. Even with those I'd be afraid of rubbin the fenders once in a while. But then again, a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif weighs a little more than a /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. K5Redneck33

K5Redneck33 Registered Member

i know 38's would be no problem cause soembody around here has a k5 on 4"/3" and he is clearin 38's with lil rubbin goin on and his fenders are stock. so yea im thinkin that ill just get the fender cutouts and throw on some 39.5 M/T belteds /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. chillywilly

chillywilly Registered Member

I had the cutouts and ran 35x16 boggers then 38x11 boggers with only 4 inch suspension lift -no body lift.

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

with 4" suspension and 3" body I don't think that will fit. I have 7" suspension and 3" body and my 44's hit the flares when I turn. The widest part of the opening in the front is ONLY 40". and the rear is 42". so a 44 will NOT stuff into it. I am raising truck another 2" suspention and am gonna have to trim bottoms of fender flares to get them to fit, turn and stuff.

My other truck had 6" suspension and no body lift(or body mount's left!) and I had 40's on it. But had to hog fenders alot. old truck pic

7. Blazn88

Blazn88 Registered Member

On my last Blazer (an '87), i had a 4" susp and 3" body lift and no fender cutting or flares, and I ran 38x15.5x15 Super Swampers /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif