Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cutting Fenders

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Guest66, Oct 5, 2002.

1. Guest66

Guest66 Registered Member

Whats the best way to cut the fenders on my '84 Blazer, i Have a 4inch Lift, with 33x12.5's and I want 35's without a bigger lift, does anyone, have previous experiences, or a website with pictures, and all that. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif does that sound Like a good idea too, or should i just spend the bucks and get bigger springs? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif email Center66S@msn.com /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i used a plasma cutter on mine but most people use a sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

I use a cut off wheel on a die grinder and an air saw kinda like an air powered sawzall. I keep trimming and they keep hitting pretty soon I won't have any fenders left. I wonder how bad its gonna be when I put the 39.5's on /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

I did the same with grinder and cut off wheel, the first few cuts hurt, then all you want to do is get it over with and on the road!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

I used a sawzall, aviation tin snips and a die grinder.

6. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Thats funny, you know I have 35s on my 78' blazer and its raised with a suspension lift, but I see no blocks in the springs, but I do have a 2 or 3 inch body lift, I don't know if this affects the height of the blazer but the quarter panels are cut, (Quarter Panels Only) from lower lip rear to tailgate about 2" cut was made & the lip to the passenger door was 4" cut, it was rounded to the top level, the top lip was not cut so you just lose a couple of inches on both sides of the Quarter Panel, I have 3 blazer running in sequence 76,77 & 78, both 76 & 77 are stock and the 78' is lifted with 35 BFG tires.
    I can't tell you much about the front fenders, cause when I got the truck, the two front fenders and hood was missing, just have brand new ones waiting to be installed, I would like to know if the 35s are going to rub on the new fenders and if they did, hell I'll just strip the 76' and chop up those fenders instead.
    I hope this helps in your measurements, Oh yeah that little reinforce bar that holds the quarter-panel, well they cut around that so it's still holding the part of the quarter-panel to the door, just to let you know.
    I wish I had pictures, but I don't have those Digis yet. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Michael Wiley /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

7. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Sawsall for me.

8. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

DREMEL with a cutting wheel. It really works good!

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

that must have taken a LONG time.... but i bet it came out NICE.
    i used a sawsall.
    grant /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif <---this is new.....like 5 min new...
    nice

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

you can cut them like this
    pictures should be in there.....
    grant

11. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

see the links in my sigs. the spmiller.org link is not dial-up friendly, doesn't really like DSL, kinda likes cable, and finds T1 acceptable.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif