Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cutting floor for Body Mounts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by walt88, Jul 25, 2001.

1. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

Hello, is there ANY way to not cut holes in the floor to get to the body mounts? The first 2 are obvioulsy accessable. But the rest are under the body. Anyone who has done this please give me some info. Thanks

1988 K5- Piss on Ford/Dodge/Jeep

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

If I remember right, the rest are threaded from the bottom up - except for the two above the rear axle which are just under the rug.

Generic Signature
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

3. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I don't know YET. My front cab mounts have rusted and stripped out, (the welded nut inside, broke loose and just spun, so I cut the bolt) Sooner or later I'll have to tackle this and would also like some pointers, if some one has been down that road, drop us a line please.

Twiztid

Edited; Um, probably should have read the FULL question first!

Walt88, no fear. Normaly, the bolts are exceible (s/p?) from under the body, Nuts or bolts. Usualy not a problem. I think in my case, the floor was rusted out, and the 1/2 impact gun on the rusted bolt didn't help out.- so don't use one of those -K-<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Twiztid on 07/25/01 10:15 PM.</FONT></P>