Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Cutting Frame ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 79Stomper, Aug 5, 2006.

1. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well I am going to start setting up my suspension tomorrow and need to cut a portion of the frame.

On the rear of the frame there is a little hump on the bottom side and well I need to cut it to mount up my springs with a flip in the rear. Now when I cut, will I need to cut it at an angle or can I just make a straight cut on it? I plan on cuttong portions out of the frame I have on my trailer to repair/reinforce where I plan on cutting at.

TIA:thumb:
    James

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bueller, Bueller.

Come on "ground Control to Major Tom"...........

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

I did a straight cut with a "fish" plate for extra beef on the frame of my truggy. Be sure to grind all of your welds flat to eliminate stress risers. I have had no problems with mine after about a year and some very hard wheeling.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

You mean the little humps on the back of a K5 frame where the bumper bolts right?

Yeah, I would cut a piece out, not straight, and replace it with a piece from the m1008 frame. Should work just fine.