Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

cutting outer rear panels off next week and goin to trailer lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by supersize75, Dec 6, 2003.

1. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

well now that I have managed to smash up one tailight and the custome housing I made for it, and both panels I decided the hell with them, so much for toyta lights /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

that was a wast of two years of making the tacoma tail lights fit as well as 2 bran new gm quarter panels "about 1400.00 bucks!"

awell...learning exsperiance I guess /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif..cheaper than college /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

plan on just leaving the inner most fender, giving it a square look, also updating the front end to a 82 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

awell, what do you guys think, also I will gain a couple inches on the side /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

well the light did look cool for 3 months /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    [​IMG]

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

It's a shame it didn't last, but with wheeling in the rocks it was bound to happen.

I'm still gonna try the same thing with the '00 Tahoe taillights on my Burb. But I'm thinking about a guard around them too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No big loss. I have thought they were totally gay from the beginning.

I loooooove your K5, but I have always hated those tail lights!

4. supersize75

a complement and bashing in one.. I love it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You can't say we didn't warn you. Here is what I did:
    [​IMG]
    I've set the entire truck in a "V" trail (Tellico, Upper 2) at an angle so all the weight was on the left front bumper and the right rear bumper/bar under the quater. At the front of the bar another piece goes back the the bumper mount on the frame. If it were on the ground the bumper would look like this:
    <font color="white">[</font>_ <font color="white">_____[</font>_
    [_]_____[_]
    Sounds like you want to go narrower though.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    a complement and bashing in one.. I love it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not a bashing really. You might not agree with everything I do to my truck, and I might not agree with everything you do to yours. It'd be gay if all of us liked the same thing. It'd be boring to look at stuff.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good job bashin them ricer lights, they were never right for the rig anyway. trailer lights are cool... cheap and low profile so they oughta be safer. Someday when I can afford to go 4-link, Im gonna bob the bed, weld on some flat plate to cover the big hole I just made and then mount trailer lights to that (think brian waddel at TTC). cheap, lights are safe, and better departure. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

8. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

A cool truck like that with Ricer tail lights is like Pam Anderson with a big zit on her nose. Really hot but something is not right. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    good job bashin them ricer lights, they were never right for the rig anyway. trailer lights are cool... cheap and low profile so they oughta be safer. Someday when I can afford to go 4-link, Im gonna bob the bed, weld on some flat plate to cover the big hole I just made and then mount trailer lights to that (think brian waddel at TTC). cheap, lights are safe, and better departure. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

I am SERIOUSLY considering moving my tails to my bumper. My main problem with my box is that I keep peeling the tails out of it. In fact, I've done it on the last two wheelin' trips.

I am seriously considering having jeremy cut into that brand new rear bumper and frenching some tails into it before I even have him send it to me.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd say do that Tim. I was gonna do that when I planned on being full width still but if I'm bashing my taillights when I'm done with narrowing, I'm either driving in reverse too much or I fell off one heck of a ledge into a tree.

11. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

That s#cks! But sometimes we wish we could do something over again. Sorry to hear you going to cut up the sides of your rig.... But if your going to smash them up you might as well get rid of them before hand.....

12. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I think it'll look fine with the other lights in.

13. supersize75

well the bumper idea is interesting..but so is narrowing the rear /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

then I couldn't use my curent bumper /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif after the trails I was on last night my truck is now a fat pig, florence juntion has trails that my truck just doesn't like, guess who rolld is blazer last night /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif....

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

YOU ROLLED IT???????

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, i think ss needs some driving lessons. I mean seriously man, you seem to bash/roll ur rig more than rockcrawling competitors do...and them guys are GETTIN IT. Im all for hardcore offroad action, but what exactly are you doing to ur rig?! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

16. supersize75

.....done /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. supersize75

he, he When you just half to prove you can do something things get a little crazy, /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Then again wheeling is fun when you dont care about the body any more, I was more upset about the windshild breaking than anything else /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I love this, I am trying to soak it up as I wont be on the rocks for a couple of months now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Time to update some of the sig pics????

19. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

You rolled it already! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I remember when I first joined CK5 and saw pics of your new paint, mod'd tail lights and straight body, now I see a tube buggy in the making. It didn't even take you a year! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sweet!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif "I'm in debt up to my eyeballs /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif "Somebody help me" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Time to update some of the sig pics????

[/ QUOTE ]

How's this

[​IMG]