Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CV joiint front shaft used on full time auto trucks or ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by R72K5, Sep 18, 2002.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

anyone know what style front shaft was factory installed on front of full time th350 pickups ?

reaso i ask is because the front shaft i just now removed from mine was overextended(too short for the truck and alot of splines showing where the halves slide together) and another shaft was laying in bed of the truck

the shaft laying in bed of truck is without a CV joint and is same length as the CV style shaft that was installed on truck, but both are too short for use on the truck.

what can i do ? i have two good used shafts that are too short for my truck..

anyone got a correct length shaft for '79 TH350 203 Dana 44 ?

thanks for anything

2. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

The correct length is whatever the length is from the yoke on the t-case to the yoke on the diff. if your truck is stock, thats what it would be. If its lifted then the corect length from the factory doesnt matter, whatever it is now is what it needs to be

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yeah i already know and realize all that, i just want to find out if CV style or non- style was factory installed on 203 auto trucks and if they got the large round ring style mounting flange originally also, im trying to figure out why my truck had what it had on it when i got it.,

thanks

4. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

My 76 with 203 has a factory cv joint next to the transfercase on the front shaft. Normal yoke on the other end.

5. k5geezer

k5geezer Registered Member

Our '77 K5 with 350/203 combo has a CV at the 203 end of the front drive shaft. The CV is bolted to the 203 output with the round flange you described.

6. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

good deal, so i need to find a cv front shaft, just longer thna what i have about 3" or so. hmm

thanks!@

7. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    what can i do ? i have two good used shafts that are too short for my truck..

[/ QUOTE ]

Sell'em on the free classified's page. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

8. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

trying to... or trade em,

thanks