Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CV on 205 rear and yoke ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by garlicbreath, Aug 1, 2004.

1. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Well, I just put a 14B and D60 under my 1971 blazer, but ran into a problem with the new rear CV shaft I ordered. The rear yoke is different than the front, and the shop used the same style CV for the rear shaft. Can I get another front yoke and put it on the rear of the 205? Anyone got a line on a 2wd steering sector shaft?

2. FWP

FWP CRS

My .02... IMO, Take your driveshaft back to the "shop" that made it, and get your money back. Then call Jess at High Angle Driveline, and get it done right. You will be much happier, and everything will work...

3. garlicbreath

Well, If I knew I could get them cheaper than 600 W/tax for both I would go somewhere else. They are well made, just wrong. The shop is working things out but I need to know what to do about that rear yoke.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If he built you a 1310 rear CV shaft I'd hardly call that well made.

Shopping price on something as important as driveshafts is not a very good idea.

I've got about $800 invested in mine, and they're damn near bombproof.

5. garlicbreath

OK, so tell me what you guys would recommend I run based upon experience. I have a 1971 blazer, T350, NP205 stock, and just put in a D60 and 14B. Front shaft is 27" rear is 39" I am tied down to this shop now, so I can't just cancel and call "Johny" at "joe whoevers" shafts. I know some of you guys have done some serious wheeling, not just bench wheeling and can speak from experience. Sorry if I come of odd, I made the mistake of moving to upstate NY and can't find ANYONE here who has even half a clue. For gods sake the local 4x4 shop (an hour away) does oil changes on Hondas in the meantime!

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Fords Broncos use a CV on the 205 both front and rear
    so that is your application for a rear 205 cv
    fords use the same 32 spline output front and rear on the 205, chev uses 32 on the rear and several different choices on the front
    do you have a flange on the front of the 205 for the cv to bolt to or a yoke?
    a flange is saginaw style , a yoke is spicer style

7. garlicbreath

I have a yoke on the front. Pulled the rear today, they are setting me up with a new yoke to work with the rear CV and anew seal. Hopefully it will be running this weekend!

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I changed mine to a flange to run the CV. If I were you, id upgrade the front output to a 32 spline (instead of 10) and 1330 or 1350 yokes.

9. garlicbreath

How do you pull the seal retainer on the rear output of the 205?