Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CV Shaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 77JimmyMan, Jan 28, 2003.

1. 77JimmyMan

77JimmyMan Registered Member

May 16, 2001
    I'm looking to put a rear CV shaft in my 77 Jimmy. Right now it has a 350 engine, TH350&NP203, 4" lift, and 33" tires. I just recently bought a 700R4 to put in and would also like to add the CV to the rear to get rid of those bad vibes. What Id like to know is if anyone knows where I could get some donor parts to do this, like a flange for the t-case and shaft itself to modify to fit. I like to do this as cheaply as possible for my wallet has grown thin but wasnt fat to begin with (it sucks working construction this time of year, been near zero all month round here). Any info and insite would be awsome. Thanx ~Mark~
  2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Feb 18, 2000
    Check your u-joints for phase, condition, and angle. If if that all looks good check the shaft for dents and misssing weights. With a fixed yoke rear and 4" lift you shouldn't need a CV rear.