Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CV Shaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by FL84K5, Mar 27, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Can a slip yoke style driveshaft be converted to a CV shaft? Thanks.

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

yes it can. i had a new one made up for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif but the shop told me they could have used my old one to make it too.

3. agk5

agk5 Registered Member

Im just guessing you have a 208 t case and are tired of vibes that come without a cv on the rear shaft. I have a 208 case and a 4" lift, and the vibes can get bad, and im looking for a solution. If a cv joint can be built into the shaft along with the slip yoke on the back of the t case, this could solve my problem. Otherwise i was looking into a 350/205 swap. Is this what yall are talking about, and if so how much improvement did you see? Thanks for clarifying this for me

4. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yep, I'm running a 208 case. I'm running about 6 inches of lift in the rear by way of an Echobit shackle flip and an ORD zero rate. I had the drive shaft lengthened by an inch, which helped some of the vibes. If I can't shim the rest out, I'm going to most likely have the shaft converted to CV.

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

when i put my cv shaft into my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif it eliminated all of the vibrations i was getting. the shop also lengthened it by an inch or two, i can't remember for sure. i'm running a 700r4 with a 208 also.

6. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

You still fighting this? I still dont understand whats going on. 8 inches and no vibes at all in PI, but youve riden in it a few weeks ago and know that already. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif