Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

CV slip yoke leaking

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr. Jimmy, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Mr. Jimmy

Mr. Jimmy Registered Member

I ordered a CV style driveshaft with slip yoke from Arizona driveline several months ago, have had some leakage from what I thought was the rear output seal at back of T-case. Seal was replaced this weekend and still the @#$% thing leaked, after investigation I've found the leak to be coming from the slip yoke itself. The fluid inside the slip yoke where the internal splines are, is seeping out where the sides have been grinded to allow for movement around U joint bearing cups. Anyone ever run in to this problem,I am thinking about lightly welding area and grinding, any suggestions?
    Keith

2. Stylzz

Stylzz Registered Member

I think I remember reading something about this not too long ago. I bet if you do a search you will find info on the subject.

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I have the same problem with my 90 Jimmy. Fluid gets all over the underside even with a new output shaft seal. Theres also a clunk when Im slowing and I get to 15mph. I took out the driveshaft and greased the splines but no luck. Maybe the clunk/leakage are related.