Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

--->cyberfire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R77K10, Apr 30, 2006.

1. R77K10

R77K10 Banned

ey i was lookin at your gallery pics and damn when did you guys trash that poor caprice and why ??! thats sad, i cant help it :( i would have at least bought the taillights and fronts too probably and alot of the interior and exterior stuff and maybe the rear axle and spindles and other stuff

next time you guys come across a caprice or impala let me know first, those boxies are great cars and worth $$
    ive had a bunch and want another, heres the last one i had, a good ol 84 impala i drove for a bit and sold to a couple kids up in chicago to restore,

good lcuk

84impala.jpg

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Still looks like crushable material to me.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Why'd you post pics of an RTI ramp?

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I always though one of those blacked out and clean would make a nice sleeper/driver

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

that's not an RTI ramp you moron! that's a derby car! probably worth $50-100 around here, with a running 267 or 305 under the hood. should've seen the one we totally wasted in '01. VERY minty. no rust on the thing at all, interior was flawless, ran like a DREAM 112K on the clock. bought it for $25. the only thing it needed was a rear ujoint. put the ujoint in it, drove it for a couple months, then stripped it for all it was worth, and welded the hell out of it. actually folded the frame back on itself twice in front of the rear hump. fan ate all the way through the radiaitor, and was finally stopped when it hit the front bumper. wish i had pics of it, that thing was SOOOO tore up!

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Flat black and a blown 502. [​IMG]

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its got cop wheels, cop tires, cop brakes, cop suspension...

:haha:

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The drivetrain was already gone. I would know since I got stuck with my left front in the engine compartment. He was in need of cars to crush and I guess he managed to line a couple up the day before. I doubt it was a preference for the caprice as much as it was a lack of other options. Kert never visits the lounge so I felt the need to speak for him.

9. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

see the ford was just to easy to crush so they wanted a car that would take some abuse, ergo the chevy, although mikey made short work of it:D

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd love to have a clean Caprice wagon of that vintage. It would look mostly stock on the outside... Perhaps a TPI 383 stuffed under the hood and lots of suspension tweaks lurking underneath it all. The cops wouldn't even look at it twice. :cool1:

11. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

you can find those crappeice cars all the time out here . They are like the plauqe :haha: . That being said , I had a very nice low mile (78k) 84 wagon with a gm crate 350 , corvette ralley whells and wide tires :bow: . It was a great car but I had to sell it to buy my crewcab . The guy that bought it needed something to haul his kid's around and his wife was wanting a mini van :eek1: . He got my wagon and she had no more wants for a mini van .

12. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Wow! Doing a little research and this post pops up! Not at all related to what I was searching for though.

Like Mikey said the cars were on there way to the scrap yard anyway. They just made a short stop over.

You also wouldn't be the first to tell me you would have bought some parts. Funny part is if I had parted them out, I probably would have sat on the junk for years!!!!

That'd be enough lounging for me for today!