Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D I Y wires question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mr_fujisawa, Jun 17, 2004.

1. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

so i'm doing a tune up so i can pass smog and i can only find cut to fit wires in the 8.8mm variety. i have never done these before though so i am wondering how you connect the inner wire to the metal elbow fitting. does it get locked in kind of? does the top of the plug press it against the metal? how do you do these things.
    sorry it's such a noob question, but please help.
    thanks
    sean
    /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

the instructins in the box are super easy to follow, i just did my car not to long ago, haviung the right crimper would probally be alot eaiser but i did mine with wire cutters, works good!!

3. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Strip the wire down to the conductor, That gets folded back 180 over the side of the insulator and then crimp on the metal clip so that it squeezes the conductor between the insulation and the metal clip. Slide boot on over metal clip and away ya go. You can use a little dielectric grease to help get it to slide on.

4. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

thanks. . i had to ask because the box i looked at in kragen didn't come with instructions. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

hopefully i can get that done soon