Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d-shaft experts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DesertDueler2, May 7, 2005.

1. DesertDueler2

DesertDueler2 1/2 ton status

Okay my new project is coming along, but it looks like me rear drive shaft is going to be in the 10-16" range(depending on how far back I can put the axle. I know it is really short, but my 2" lift cj5 only has a 13" driveshaft, and doesnt viberate at highway speeds. Anyways who do you guys recomend for such a short d-shaft. I working axle will probably be in the 35-40 degree range. Does jesse at high-angle even built something this small, or do I have to use driveshaft superstore AKA arizona driveline?

Dan

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I wouldn't use Arizona Driveline on a bet. There is a good chance you will get junk if you buy from them.

I would call Jesse at High Angle and if he can't do it talk to Tom Woods. Look around on the Jeeper boards and see who they are using. There has to be some of those guys dealing with a good shop that makes short stuff for there applications.

Harley

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

In my limited experience the shorter the driveshaft, the more critical the alignment of the driveshaft. I would invest in some phone calls to HAD and Woods and whomever else has a good rep.

4. DesertDueler2

DesertDueler2 1/2 ton status

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It is only partially about the thin tubing. They will build you "new" stuff with used parts if you don't watch them like a hawk. They will screw you every place possible if you let them.

The only decent guy that they had working at the shop no longer works there from what I have been told.

Harley