Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D$*@ Tranny

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rollingthunder, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Rollingthunder

Rollingthunder Registered Member

I have a TH 350 tranny and a 203 transfercase. The tranny was rebuilt about a month ago. After I reinstalled it the thing now makes a bad clicking noise when put under a load like going up hill, driving in the wind, or trying to raise speed at a low RPM. It also takes a while to engage once you shift from park and also from a stop it feels like it is lagging for some reason. I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!!! It did none of these before I had it rebuilt. Is it at a weird angle or something? Can I fix the problem myself?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I'd take it back to the rebuilder. Did it come with any warranty?

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

3. Rollingthunder

Rollingthunder Registered Member

I am a Diesel Service Technology student and one of my instructers asked if anyone needed a tranny rebuilt for only the price of parts. I wasn't going to turn this down so I let them rebuild it. I watched the guy who did it and I have seen his work in the past. I trust him when it comes to my tranny needs. No warrenty because he told me that he would test it out for me and after he was done that if it was still moveing than it would for a long time. If not then he would tear it back down and do it again for free. I never got him to check it because we are out of school for Christmas. I had a towing shift kit installed, could that be the problem?