Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D-TV changeover

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Oct 8, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

i just saw a news story on the digital TV changeover, FCc says that they arent forcing the changeover on the public, but it sure seems that way,

i know i will never be able to afford a D-TV set for quite some time from now at minimum, i think alot of ppl wont be able to either, for sure, im afraid to know what they will cost

but then i dont really care alot about TV, i have internet so i go to news and such online, mostly i use TV as background sound, especially at night, so i can sleep

what do you think, what nfo do you have on this subject ?

im just curious

2. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

my friend owns a home theater store, and he has been saying that for 6-7 years now and he finally says it prob wont happen for another 10 years-they cant force the public to spend an unknown amount of money on the new tv (actually thet prob will-but-the rich could but what about the people who cant-it will have to be trickled in channel by channel like on regular tv or sat or cable etc.

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    my friend owns a home theater store, and he has been saying that for 6-7 years now

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to NAB with my Dad in 92 , it was big talk back then , amongst those in the know .

I don't know why they didn't break the news to the public sooner . I have known for a long time too .

It will be forced on the public in the end though . No station will broadcast analogue at a certain point , and you will need a TV or a settop conversion box /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Some people will be pissed I'm sure

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have full digital cable with a "Box", will this change over effect me in any way ??

5. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You will be fine for awhile . However , the even the cable TV people will go to cable boxes that only send signals to digital TV's or monitors , just to get with the total changeover /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif