Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d44/203/14ff ?'s

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by baldbandit, Feb 20, 2001.

1. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

d44/203/14ff ?\'s

I'm in the process of changing my 6 lug d44 and 12blt to an 8lug d44 and 14ff. My blazer is stock height but i will be adding a 6" lift before i actually begin to drive the vehicle. I would still like to be able to move the vehicle around the yard. How much lift would i have to add to the rear to keep from having to shorten my driveshaft? would an 1 be enough? the 8 lug d44 has manual hubs. Will i have to convert my 203 to part time? if so could you explain to me why? If memory serves me right, someone on here said that in this situation you would have to convert and i was just wanting to know why! Also, i purchased a precision 447 u-joint and the largest cap was to big for the yoke of the 14ff. I didn't think about it until after dark, but it is the largest caps of this u-joint that goes to the 14ff isn't it? Why does it not fit? I never checked either cap w/the driveshaft. Also, they gave me the wrong straps again. Anyone know what the part number is for the strap? I tried to remove the yoke so that i could take it to the parts store and FINALLY get the right stuff, but i couldn't get the 1 1/2 nut broke lose. I even put my 1" drive Williams rachet on it and it still wouldn't budge!!! Sorry for such a long post! Any help is appreciated!

thanks
    baldbandit

2. baldbandit

baldbandit 1/2 ton status

Re: d44/203/14ff ?\'s

anyone????

thanks
    baldbandit

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Re: d44/203/14ff ?\'s

my 447 worked fine..the strap number for precision is 492-10......it only took going back and forth a few times and the parts guy calling precision to get the number, but thats what i used and it works, dont know what to tell you about the yoke being to big......very interesting.....

AIRBORNE!!