Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 8lug Drum brakes, help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76K5, Apr 3, 2003.

1. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

My buddy has got a D44 8lug front, with drum brakes, open knuckle in the front of his Ford. The spindle and outer hub assembly are pretty much fubar on the passenger side. Does anybody know where in the hell we could get one at. I told him it is kind of hard to find parts for an axle that is older than Moses. Thanks for the help
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Since he has a Ford he is fubared but parts are still available if you know where to look. Ford Trucks website

3. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

My roomate has that exact axle in a barn. PM me with what he wants to pay and i'll talk to my roomate.

4. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I found a closed knucle one Saturday when I was out wheeling behind my house. the hub looks liek it might be OK, but I am not sure about the spindle I would have to go an take another look. PM me if I need to go and look at it. I will round up a digi cam and take some pictures.

5. 76K5

76K5 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, I sent some PM's to the guys who replied. Thanks again for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif