Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 and 12B extended brake lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cricket, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

I know, another crappy brake line post. I searched but couldn't confirm if this is what I needed.

D44 Front and 12 Bolt rear -1/2 ton axles. Need something to fit 4" lift.

I found NAPA 38872 but want to confirm this line must be drilled out on the caliper end.

I found NAPA 4138068 for rear - does this fit 10, 12 or 14 bolts?

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

This is correct if you have the D44 calipers, just drill out the hole in the hose block to 7/16" and shorten your banjo bolt a little.

Don't know from experience on the rear as I just made a longer bracket for the distribution block to sit on.

3. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

in the rear I switched a 10 bolt for a 14 and the line was the same. go with braided stainless, its worth the extra money. not for looks but for less swelling of the lines since they are longer.

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I use the Napa 38872's in the front of my truck with my 10 bolt. They work fine sofar. I don't have max flex though cause the shocks are limiting the droop a little bit.

Whatever you do don't use Superlift braided SS lines they are JUNK. I had one blow out on me on the street at 40 mph. :eek1: Let me tell you that sucks when you are trying to slow down for the red light and run the red light.

Harley

5. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

All three of my lines are superlift braided stainless. I have never had a problem in the 7 or 8 years I have had them. And I'm stopping 44's with them.