Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 axles?

Discussion in 'North Region' started by Thumper, Feb 13, 2005.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Is there anywhere in this country that has a D44 axle that they want to sell? Dangit, the junkyards around here piss me off so much.
    I go to this one nearby, he has a complete D44 diff, removed from a vehicle sitting in 1' of water and mud, and he wants $600.00 for it!
    Then I hit the next one, and they have no idea what a D44 is nor what they have, but I can go back and see if there is one... so I chase the cows away from the GM section, and I cant see any of the truck diffs, cause the snow is melting and they are all under water and cow sh*t. They tell me I have to wait till spring because they arent going out in the water and mud to get stuck and lift a truck just so I can get a diff.
    Then I hit the last one... he has an entire field of Chevy trucks... so I ask him if he has one... and he tells me he just sold the last one last week! What a crappy liar. I ask about a D60, and he says he has three... but he isnt getting rid of them... because he is planning on using them in one of his own trucks, so I cant have one.
    These guys just piss me off. They bitch about mot being able to make any money, and that its so hard to make a go of a salvage yard, then charge so much money that they never sell anything! Meanwhile they have a full field of crap that is sitting there rusting, and they wont sell it 'just in case I want to build a truck of my own'. Sheesh.
    Does anyone in western Canada have a junkyard near them that has a pass side D44 axle that they would sell for less than my arm and first born? Im kinda attached to them both.

Thanks for the rant......

Mike
    BTW, my truck is still busted.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

that sucks at least you have some out there, here itall crap cars an people wanting 3 grand for 2wd burbs with **** bodys and a blown moter:screwy::screwy:

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Mike, I have an 8 lug D44HD with 3.73's sitting around. only thing missing is the rotors and calipers as far as I remember.

Only problem is that it's 1000 miles southwest of you...

Rene

4. NorthWestFab

NorthWestFab 1/2 ton status

On the island these things are a dime a dozen but again the whole alberta thing. Shipping would probably cancel out any deal that you might save. But hey if you really need one I have one here complete with 4.56s in it, that can be had for alot less then your local yards want.

Jordan
    NWF