Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 calipers and 10 bolt calipers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rick88blaze, Jan 4, 2004.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

aren't they supposed to be interchangeable as far as the mounting plate goes? When we went to put my 10 bolt calipers on the D44 yesterday I ended up having to grind some off of the plate and the caliper to get them to fit. I thought they were supposed to swap out without any problems.

I'm not too worried about it. I got them to fit just fine. Just thought I'd post this so that anybody else getting ready to do this swap might know about maybe having to grind the caliper and plate before hand.

I didn't get any pictures of where I had to grind. I could explain it to somebody if need be though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

they are the same thing---but---the banjo bolts are different.

3. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

yeah, as far as i knew the outers were all interchangeable. i just put a d/44 up front and i re-used my 10 bolt outers, no problems. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

sean

4. rick88blaze

I thought they should be the same. my calipers must be an aftermarket brand or something. there was a bump on the underside of the caliper I had to grind down, and I had to take some off the lip of backing plate.

Then again, nothing so far has gone as it should as far as my truck goes. Here's a list of messed up things:

I did a 2 1/2" suspension lift and I ended up getting a rear CV driveshaft made because my factory one was binding. That's even after I lowered my T-case!! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I installed the Dynomax headers and duals from Jeg's. It's supposed to be a straight bolt on. My dual pipes didn't fit for crap. I ended up switching sides with them to make the kit work.

swapped in D44 and 12 bolt and had to grind down my calipers to make them fit.

These are the only major mods I've done to my K5 so far. Who knows what the future holds for me. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. 85scottsdale

85scottsdale 1/2 ton status

I have to do a little grinding on my 85 10 bolt calipers when I put in a 79 10 bolt axle, nothing major just a little fat trimming.

6. rick88blaze

That's pretty much all I had to do. I just didn't think I would have to.

Rick