Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d44 cross over steering

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 55Willy, Sep 15, 2001.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Jun 2, 2001
    Steve, whats the going rate for a dana 44 crossover set up? what all is needed and what do I have to farm out to a shop? How much lift is needed before it is a must have? What kinda mods have to be made to the truck for it to work, i.e ditching the sway bar, buildin a custom crossmember/ motor mounts...
    I mainly run the dunes and mud, i haven't run any rocks, so is this something I should continue looking into or just keep what I have.

<font color=red>It's not what you drive, but what drives you</font color=red>( Or is it what you work on,lol)
    <font color=orange> 1955 willy's on a 1977 blazer chassis </font color=orange>
  2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    If you haven't been in situations where you can't steer due to the goemetry being wrong, I'd leave the steering alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. At least not too much!

The kit cost is the same as a D60 kit, $475. You need the right side knuckle and you can have it machined or we can do it here, price is about $65 I think. Once that's done, you can bolt it all up. Be aware you may need left and right hand knuckles from the donor truck due to differences in the tie-rod configurations.
    You will have to lose the swaybar. You may be able to work it in, but probably not very functionally. You may need to do some minor mods on the crossmember, but with a drop in the draglink, it keeps most of the crossmember pretty safe.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>