Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 crossover question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hossbaby50, May 1, 2004.

1. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

We (AZK5) and myself installed crossover steering on both our trucks recently. Last night we did his and we couldn't remember which hole the draglink connects to on the steering arm. We found pics of D60 hysteer and realized it was the front hole (furthest from knuckle).

Is it the same on the D44 arms? When we installed mine we put the draglink into the hole closer to the knuckle. I do not have hysteer but I have the passenger arm drilled for it and need to make sure I get my draglink in the right hole. Here is a pic.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/112670189/137630265UqxmMn

Is the draglink in the right hole or does it need to be in the hole further out on the arm? Thanks

Harley

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got mine in the mail and I was thinking the draglink goes in the hole closest to the knuckle and the forward hole is for the tierod /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Hole closest to the arm will give you the best turning radius. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It will give you less steering leverage though. My turning radius is pretty nice but I would like the steering to have more leverage and hopefully cure my death wobble problem.

Harley