Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 Crossover Steering Arms

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by zcarczar, Jul 24, 2003.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

So I'm researching the D44 Crossover steering arms and im not finding too many arms I like.

Rockstomper has an arm but I dont really like the design.

Poison Spyder Custom's has an arm that I really like the design of. Its also cheaper than the rockstomper arm.

Sky-Manufacturing also has an arm but I like the Poison spyder design better.

So what are everyone's thought on these arms? Anybody have any arms by a different manufacturer that they like? TIA /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Rockstomper arm = simple, basic design, function looks to be there.

Spyder arm = looks like they concentrated more on looks than anything else. Not much meat at all around the holes. Laser etching sure does look nice, but what good is that if the arm fails on the trail? *cough* Avalanche *cough*

Sky arm = A little hard to tell from the pictures, but they seem to be ok.

There are other arms out there. Shakerbuilt.com I believe makes em, ORD sells em. There are others...

I personally would go with a simple looking, most meat having, inexpensive arm. Its not like people are going to be going under your rig to check out how your arm looks. They will tho if the nice and pretty one fails as you are stuck in their way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just my 2 cents coming from a guy who pretzeled the Avalanche arm on the first trip out. It looked great, but function was a whole other story.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm going with a Sky arm for mine. he's only a few miles from my house. my buddy runs one on his 86 LWB

4. florida4x4

florida4x4 1/2 ton status

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

6. 87GMCJimmy

87GMCJimmy 1/2 ton status

I'm looking into the same thing, which arm to get. I bought the 2026/2027 high miss-alingment 1 ton DLEs. Using these I don't think it'll matter much if I get an arm with the 10 degrees milled into like the ORD one or just flat. I need to find an arm thats tappered correctly for the DLEs. There seems to be many manufactures with a wide price range.

Mike