Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44...How many spline?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, May 26, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I have an 8 lug D44 out of a 74' 3/4 ton Chevy. How can I tell what spline it is? I want to order a lock rite but am not sure which one to get.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

3. stallion85

Thanks Tim, hey what's up with your "steering box awareness" line? Is it a joke?

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

No it is not a joke. I believe so strongly in the bolt on brace that I have become a distributor for it. I will give CK5 members free shipping, all you have to do is send me a PM and buy it now on Ebay. I think that everyone should have one.

I'm certainly not looking to get rich from the steering braces. I just want everyone to know that it is out there and available, and offer it to the CK5 community. Free shipping makes it a little more affordable, and trust me, it'd be a bargin at twice the price.

Because I don't want to risk getting in trouble for pimping it on CK5, I have simply put a link in my sig line. AFAIK, it's against the rules for me to start my own post saying that I am selling them so I will not do so. Since you asked, AFIAK, it is within the rules for me to reply and answer you.

I will sell any orange CK5 member a steering brace and pay shipping anywhere in North America included in the price. If you bid on my auction, send me a PM and let me know about it and you will get it with free shipping.

I wish I'd never bought the weld patch, it's a worthless POS< but the bolt on steering brace is a great product and well worth the money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Back on topic, the Dana 44 under a Chevy truck has 30 spline inners and 19 spline outers.

5. stallion85

Thanks for clearing that up. I have a brace kit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif No worries here! Oh yea thanks for the spline answer /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well then you're already aware, you don't need my "awareness".

For the rest of you, I've got you covered. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif