Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4DiggerDan, Feb 9, 2003.

1. 4DiggerDan

4DiggerDan 1/2 ton status

How similar are Dana 44's between manufacturers? Here's what I wanna know. I've got a buddy that had his 71 Bronco wrecked. He's wanting to sell me his ARB locker he had in the front end. I'm hanging a 3/4 ton D44 under my K5. Will that locker work with my axle. My axles I bought are geared with 4.10's and I think his truck had 4.56's if it matters.

Also whats the goin rate on an ARB? He want's 250 bucks for his, less any air lines or the compressor...

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Its the same ARB for both axles, so one will fit the other. The ratio breaks are 3.73-down and 3.91-up, so 4.10 fits where a 4.56 was. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

You might want to make sure the axle splines are the same, dont know if there was a difference or not. It should fit in your housing though.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Spline count is the same 30 spline.
    The 19 spline was a very early axle on the smaller jeeps and I don't believe ARB has a locker for that one.
    As was said you should be fine.
    And if it's in good shape I think it's a fair price.
    they are twice that much new.

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Depending on what size tires you want to run. You might want to get the 4.56's and regear the rear to match. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif