Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 Spring Perch, missing center pin/hole???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bobsurf, Aug 5, 2002.

1. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

On the 3/4 ton D44 I'm going to swap in, it appears as if the right hand spring perch is missing either a hole for the center pin, or one that was fixed on the has broken off. In fact, the actual perch looks way different than the left one (left one looks standard, like every other perch I've seen). I haven't taken my existing 44 off yet, so I can't compare. I guess worst case scenario is that I just replace from the axles out as opposed to the whole front end. Anyone shed some light on this? Pics?

Thanks in advance.

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How about a pic so we can see what you're talking about. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

I'll get one tonight.

4. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Well, if you're saying what I think you're saying /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif , then you have the same problem I had when my Dana 60 showed up. There was no hole in the spring pad for the spring pin to set into. Well, with some poking around with mine, it turns out that the spring pin head was just broken off flush in the hole & with a little tapping with a punch, it loosened up & fell out no problem.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but I hope this might help. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Yep, that's exactly what happened to mine. Upon further inspection, the pin just sheared off flush to the perch. Looks like it'll take a little more work swapping that sumbitch in.

Thanks for your help guys.