Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d44 steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerdude69, Feb 21, 2004.

1. blazerdude69

blazerdude69 Registered Member

hey need some help. I saw a picture of a cross over steering setup that went something like this. instead of having the pass. knuckle drilled for a steering arm they drilled out where the tierod went and connected the drag link and tie rod bar together. i believe the drag link was on top and the tie rod (now replace with a heim joint) was on the bottom.has anyone seen this type of setup? would it work? or are they asking for trouble? wanting to do a crossover setup but don`t know of anyone around nw arkansas that can do the knuckle setup(drill and tap).thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

In my opinion, you'd be asking for trouble. For one thing, the TRE on the end of the draglink is to short to go thru the heim joint and the knuckle hole, plus the arm on the arm I don't believe is strong enough to handle that much abuse that 2 things would put on it. Plus I pm'ed you /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. blazerdude69

blazerdude69 Registered Member

thanks for the reply. I will probably try to find someone around here (haven`t done any looking yet) to do this. its not an everyday driver but at the moment i have two vehicles in the driveway waiting to be fixed and the wife is getting impatient.