Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D44 wheel bearings & D60 questions!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big89Burban, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Big89Burban

Big89Burban 1/2 ton status

I'm about to order all new wheel bearings for my 3/4ton D44 swap. Gonna replace all bearings/races and brake rotors. Do the bearings usually come with the races or do you have to normally get them seperate? Also, where can I get that inner bearing that the axle rides on?(inside the spindle) One of mine is shot.

My other question is that I am swapping a D60 in my 1/2 ton burb. What # is my stock u-joint? I've seen custom yokes for D60's and would rather run a normal "off the shelf" u-joint in case i break them or whatever. So whats stock & what is the D60 (its out of a 79 f250). Thanks!!

Edit: I think I missed something. I was just gonna order wheel bearings for a similar year to mine but I remembered that my d44 axle is out of a 72 k20. It has the big locking hubs on it. Is there a special designation for that axle? I saw something on autozone.com like a (spicer 44-5hdf & 44-6hdf) then there was just spicer 44-6f or 44-5f?? What does that mean? Which do I have?

2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

my outer bearings always come with the races, the inner bearings never seem to, and I have to buy the races seperately. Could just be who I get my (cheap) bearings from.

3. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

Thats the same way I just got them from NAPA. Weird tho, races with the outside and not the inside. But I know why when i replaced them. My outside races were tore up and my inside ones were mint. More pressure on the outside ones tears them up more often I guess.