Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 1350 yoke obsoleted?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TX Mudder, Dec 9, 2002.

1. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Jul 10, 2000
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You are bidding on a new take out dana 60 1350 series u bolt type yoke. dana has recently obsoleted these.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that from this ebay item.

What is that about? Is this guy full of it?
    I recently bought a 1350 d60 yoke off ebay for like $40 and I've seen lots of others out there too.
    -- Mike
  2. CCRider

CCRider 1/2 ton status

Jul 8, 2001
    I have heard , that the u-bolt style is going to be discontinued, as they are going to go to all strap type yokes , you can still drill them out and use u-bolts if you like , denny from denny's driveshaft says it's a matter of preference . we have strap type 1350 yokes in a winston cup car with 800+ HP being dropped off a jack and dumping the clutch , and have never had a problem , that's what I run , as I can get ARP bolts for the straps already drilled for safety wire!!! Another problem if you are a monkey with a wrench is overtightening the u-bolt style , damaging the needles in the caps!! ..............CC /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif