Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60, 14ff, 205, 4spd deal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 14, 2002.

A guy I know and live near offered me this today. He says he has a 78' Chevy with a 350, Dana 60, 14ff, 205, and 4spd that he will sell me for $1000 delivered. He said last time he moved it, it ran but not very well. It's missing the bed, gas tanks, and radiator. But he will give me the complete truck minus those parts for $1000. What do you think? I dont need any of that stuff execpt I really want a Dana 60 for my K20. I already got a 350, 205/TH400 and 14ff under my truck. What do you guys think should I jump on it? I could take the 60 and sell everything else. Let me know. Later

TRUCK: 1980 Chevy K20, 14bFF, 10b F, 350, TH400, NP205, 4" Lift, ORD 1" Body Lift, 35 BFG M/T's. Heddmen Hedders, Autometer Tach.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

DO IT!!!You get the D60 and put it in your truck, and put your current front axle(D44 or 10b?) in the one that GAVE you your D60 and either sell the truck or part it out...you will probably end up making money on th edeal if not, you end up getting a SMOKING deal on a D60

Was that a speed bump? No, just a Rice Rocket </font color=red> <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/fortcollinsram>My 87 Blazer</a>

2. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

ya dude buy that!!! Even if you part it out it will be worth your while. Just make sure it isnt a closed-knuckle D60. Other than that it sounds like a heck of a deal!

1986 GMC Jimmy 6" springs 3" body, 38/15.5/15 Swampers, 14-bolt FF rear, Dana 60 front, 1991 front-end.

3. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Go for it! I'd do it just for the D60, and sell everything else for the cash you'll need to swap it in. I live in Ohio, and I wasn't able to locate a Dana 60 front axle anywhere around here for less than $1000.

[​IMG]psychoholicslag

4. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

is it a K30 donor truck? if so the frame is very desireable, at least to me n Wes

formerly 77chev
    still a jerk though

5. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

I have a V30 frame, springs, radiator support, and two gas tanks. Everything just mensioned is in good shape. It also has the complete body on it, but it is rusted out and not worth anything but everthing under it is straight. I have no clue how you guys ship these things, but if you want it let me know. You can see some of it in some of the pictures CaliforniaK5's Pictures

6. Eagle

Eagle Registered Member

DO NOT DO IT!!! Give me the phone number and I will call him for you and give him the bad news. :-)

<font color=red>The secrete of marriage:</font color=red>
    <font color=blue>Find a woman that will kill you the slowest.</font color=blue>