Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 35 spline stubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 74poj, Apr 20, 2007.

1. 74poj

74poj Registered Member

hey guys, thanx for all the quick responses on the kingpin q's.:laugh: well, now i've decided to go ahead and upgrade to 35 spline stubs. what's everyone running? gotta admitt the 4wd factory setup with the chromoly's looks pretty decent to me. what's yall's opinion on the best shafts, yukon, superior, etc? i'm definately going chromo's, but want opions on the different brands. thanx!

2. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

I went with Yukon 1541's from ORD. They are beefy. Chromo's will come only if I break the front's and I doubt I will. At $300.00 + Chromo's were a little bit of a stretch.

Manny

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I got a set of Yukon 35 spline Chromo stubs and inners. Got a heck of a deal from: machinewave on pirate. He will beat any price guaranteed. Good luck!

4. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I went with 30 spline chrom's so I could keep my hubs and use my stockers for backup if need be.

5. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I sold my hubs and went to Drive Flanges from NWF......bling:)

6. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

locked in the front with drive flanges...not a trail only truck...not for me.

7. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

I went with 35spline inners and outters from AlloyUSA. I'll be running flanges as well.

8. Ronnie4wd

Ronnie4wd 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Locker and flanges are no trouble streetdriving when in 2wd with the 205 :wink1:

9. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I also went with Yukon cromo's 35 sp stubs and inners. I'm sure superier or alloy USA are probably better... but I got a great price on mine. So, in a sense, I got some respectable beef, for a respectable price. I went with Longfield 300m super joints as well. We'll see how everything holds up. I will keep my stock shafts and old Warn premo's for spares, and swap the entire side if I do have a break. Seemed like a better idea than buying even more 35 sp spares (hubs & stubs).

I'll also probably swap into the stock stuff if I know I'm going to be going somewhere that will be specificaly mud, or high wheel speeds for extended periods in 4wd... such as a full day or two of mudding. That way I won't put the Long's under a lot of heat stress.