Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 4 U?POSS.SCORE!w/probs.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jones, Feb 4, 2007.

1. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

I'M trying to talk my wife into letting me pick up an '84 stand.cab dually.i want the cab,front clip,454,and f/r springs,trans/t-case.it's obviously got a d60/d70.gear ratio unknown.here's the problem:we have an a$$load of attorney fees to pay and the cash to purchase the dually would be coming from that.selling the front d60 would recover 90% of the cost and if someone would be interested in the d60 and would/could commit to the purchase,i might be able to convince her.there needs to be a quick turn around in order for me to pull this off.he!!,i'd even sell the454 if necessary.anyone interested in helping me get a deal?and NO.I'm not interested in going 1t.i don't do anything extreme enough that my 3/4 gear can't handle.so i'm the oddball!take advantage of it:deal:

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i just sold a bare 60 housing on ebay for 400 bucks. and thay want it shipped. :D

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My opinion is that if you can't afford it outright I wouldn't do it...you're robbing Peter to pay Paul while hoping someone buys something of value off the truck to get you out of the soup. This goes as far as putting you in a very poor situation when trying to sell those parts. Buyers can smell when the sale is even remotely desperate and will lowball you.

My two cents...

Rene

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't take the risk. You'll find another "score" when times are right. You may not move the front D60 when you need to and be in really bad shape. As Rene said, peope look others "having" to sell stuff. Those are the deals I look for.

5. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

that's what i love about ck5.everyone is so honest!i knew it was only a fantasy!no big deal,really.a disappointment,yes.nothing ever comes at the right time.ohwell.i tried.thanks!

6. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

where is this truck you speak of and how much do they want for it?

7. jones

jones 1/2 ton status

i sent you an e-mail