Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60/454/NP205 - It's here with pics!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Polaris, Mar 30, 2003.

1. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

D60/454/NP205 - It\'s here with pics!!

I was just informed they took pics in the daylight and they were on my camera /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations to my hubby /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. k5blazerus

k5blazerus 1/2 ton status

Re: D60/454/NP205 - It\'s here with pics!!

Good Looking /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif
    Colin

3. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

thats just too cool...it looks great, I bet he was like a little kid when he pulled up a saw that truck sitting there... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

AND it has Blazer parts on it. The front is from a 1991 Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I asked him if he'd like to swap trucks & he said no /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

That looks really good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Congrats on the new family member.

Any news/diagnosis on the fuel problem when driving home?

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Carb trouble. That's ok, I think we'll order a new one (750cfm). I just love the sound that big block makes. Even with the carb trouble he got 10mpg on the way home. I'm impressed! Big block, 4:10's, and 35" BFG M/T's. Not bad! My 350 TBI isn't far behind that.

7. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Gee, that looks pretty nice. Did he talk them down much from the asking price? Either way, its a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Is he gonna build this one up then?

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gee, that looks pretty nice. Did he talk them down much from the asking price? Either way, its a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Is he gonna build this one up then?

[/ QUOTE ]
    He paid $4000. We are finding some "quirks" but I suppose that is to be expected. The brakes suck, like a vacuum problem cuz at higher RPM's it is better. The carb is bad. Now we noticed green snow underneath the engine compartment /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. There is a leak at the transfer case too, and I smell gear lube when I walk past it. I got to drive it though. I've never driven a big block before. WOW that is nice! Sounds so different from what I'm used to, in a very good way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. And I love admiring the Dana 60 front while I walk by it. At least he has something good to work with now.
    My /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif is jealous of his /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

9. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Nothing like driving a big block. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif And those Dana 60 hubs just seem so huge when you first see them.

They always seem to have their little problems... but nothing too bad by the sound of it. Is your steering (power steering) acting up too? I'm sure thats a hydroboost brake system hooked into the PS pump. When my PS pump went bad on my Crew Cab, the steering was hard and brakes were horrible. Higher RPMs helped pump some fluid through the system, but the brakes were still real stiff until I changed out the pump. Just one possibilty... could be something else simpler though.