Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 application question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 14, 2002.

Was kind of curious to the different applications. Are the hubs, rotors, and calipers different on Ford, Dodge, and Chevy Dana 60 fronts? I have a buddy wanting to put a HP D60 front into his 2002 Chevy HD, but wants to make sure all the brake lines ect..... will work.
  1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sep 15, 2000
    Dodge and GM are very similar, housings are different widths and use different inner axles but as far as I know most of the rest is the same. Fords are mostly different, they use a different knuckle, spindle, hub rotor, etc. Obviously housings are different too. I think you can swap the knuckle out between GM and Ford but you have to use the full knuckle out assembly.

Then there's the balljoint ford D60 which is a whole different story too.

I'd say if you want a HP LH front, use the ford as is and call it good. You'll just have to do what it takes to make brakelines and steering work.
  2. That is what I was thinking to do. It can't be too hard to get the brakelines made GM on one end and Ford on the other.