Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Bushing ??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BLZN4FN, Dec 3, 2005.

1. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Ok so I have got the K5 back together and went for a short drive. And guess what I have?

Ok I will tell you. I have a bad case of Death wobble wow that is some scary Sh!t I thought If I did have it I would never felt it with Full hydro but I was wrong as always.

So I pulled the upper kingpin caps off and remover the springs and the white bushings. Question is the white bushing supost to be split? If you look at the bushing it has 5 groves on mine one if the lines have split is this normal?

2. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

they are split if i recall right. without the split it would not be able to slide down the kingpin as it wears and the spring pushes it down. vertical grooves are normal too. i had DW in my truck and it was a bad leaf spring. it was shaped like a wavy "s" instead of a regular arch.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Ain't that a treat? Scary enough to make a grown man soil himself.

Rene

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i will bet the springs are old. and if so get new as thay have a bad case of the saggys. thay will sag up to 1/4 " from normal highth.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I started replacing mine today but then realized I still needed to paint my ORD crossover arm :doah: . But anyhow, My bushings looked fine as did the springs but one thing I noticed was the existing bushing had a gap of about 1/8 of an or more and the new one had no gap at all just a split in the bushing. The springs where also compressed by about 1/8-1/4 of an inch.

Just my experiences.

Ira

6. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Same here.
    Get new springs and bushings.