Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 conversion u-joint

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Leadfoot, May 10, 2005.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I used the search button and found a TON of posts on conversion u-joints, but they are almost all about rear shaft conversions (10/12bolt to 14FF). I am putting in my D60 with new ring and pinion and 1350 yoke, I will be buying a complete 1350 shaft when I install the new tranny/t-case combo (next year at the earliest). For now I need to adapt my stock front d-shaft to the 1350 yoke. Anyone have part numbers. Also does Spicer make conversion joints? If so what is the Spicer number. TIA.

Chris

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I think the spicer number is 5-460X

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my D60 came with a 1310... others prolly have 1350... but are you sure which one you have? figured I'd ask... might save someone a trip to the store..

j

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine originally came with a 1310 yoke (factory). I am rebuilding it with 4.56 gears and installing a new crush sleeve. I am planning on running a HAD 1350 shaft after my new tranny-t/case (currently a 700r4/205 and swapping to a manual 4l80/205 combo). Since the swap is a year out and I can't fit a 1350 shaft currently, I need to run my stock d-shaft for now. I also don't want to have to mess with the pinion yoke and crush sleeve setting later. I bought a 1350 yoke from ORD when I ordered my other D60 parts so I am installing it now in preparation for the HAD shaft. I know some companies make a 1310/1350 conversion joint, but I did not know if Spicer does or not. I have had good luck with Spicer's so I like to stick with them if possible.

5. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

I just replaced a conversion joint on this new truck and I think it was the 1310-1350 joint....and just so happens I still have the reciept in my check book. The napa # was 215-0358 .

All you have to do is FORCE the parts guy to open his book to the table of conversion joints and it says right on there the spicer#'s and their dimensions. :grin: