Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Crossover Arms

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Teamstatic2001, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Has anyone else seen those arms the eliminate the king pin spring to get rid of DW. If so had any exprience with em and are they worth it.

2. Shiprekd

Shiprekd 1/2 ton status

I've heard they aren't the most desirable for a DD. Regular arms rely on the spring to keep the tension on the teflon sleeve. I would assume that you would have to shim them every once in awhile to take up the "slack" in the absence of the srping.

The frequency of shimming would depend on how much you drive/wheel it to keep that tension.

Anyone else's thoughts?

3. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I put a double arm on the pass side after rebuilding it and rebuilt the drivers side but used the spring and I have death wobble. I put a stabilizer on it which helped a little but it's getting hydro if changing tie rod ends doesn't fix it. I only do about 3000 miles a year so I am not too worried about it.

4. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Death wobble is generally caused by something in the steering system being loose. Occassionally, it is blamed on large tires being too much for the stock kingping spring preload and some people put thin washers under the kingpin caps to increase the spring pressure.

My opinion? Throw hydro assist on it (you probably need it anyway) and forget about it.

5. Teamstatic2001

Teamstatic2001 Registered Member

Thats good to hear, I already planned on hydro assit to help with the turning of aired down 38s on cement.