Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Crossover Steering Arm

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by DILLIGAF, Jul 17, 2002.

1. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Registered Member

Could really use a cross over steering arm for a GM D60. I like the ORD arm, but at 185 it's kinda pricy

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> You can get them for closer to $100. If that's not too much let me know and I will give you some links. </font color>

3. DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF Registered Member

I think I've found every brand out there. Most are just straight arms that don't account for a good Ackerman angle like the ORD arms do. If you know any that are angled for around 100 please let me know.
    Alalanche has some, but I'm unsure of the quality?

Thanks, Mike /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Ackerman angle? You mean one that has the connection point ground at an angle so the surface that the rod end bolts to is parallel to the drag link, right? I'm pretty sure that that is what you mean, but I don't think that has anything to do with the Ackerman, it's just to keep the arm from binding up. Rock Equipment sells one that has the end milled at 10 degrees for $119. Metal Fusion Fab has some real nice ones for $135. I like the Avalanche arms, but I agree that they do look a little spindly. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color>