Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 detroit electrac

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nova, Jun 19, 2004.

1. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif i just bought a detroit electrac for my dana 60 and 5.13 gears.
    i have heard bad and good on this selectable locker. i hope it's great when i get it in.

my question is for the one's that had bad experences with it what did you have to do to make it right? and for the ones that had good times with it let me know.
    it maybe a little late to ask seeing how i have it here in front of me but a little heads up on what to look for would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Sweet! The real question is where did you get it??? They seem like a sweet front locker.

3. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

i got it from 4 wheel parts wholesalers for about 890.00. some thing about having a true trac and detroit locker in one just sounds to good. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif it will be awhile before i get to try it. because i'm going through my truck completely rebuilding it. but i can't wait. i hope to have it in use in about 2 months. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I've been looking at this locker for my rig and since it's been used by ORD I think it's strong enough. I don't own one, yet, but I do plan on buying one if I decide I want to be selectable instead of fully locked (regular detroit). I'm saving this post so I can see how others liked it as well.

5. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

i ran mine the first time last weekend in land between the lakes, ky. the limited slip is VERY aggressive and i only ran it locked a half dozen times or so to make sure it worked. the twin sticked 205 and detroit electrac still lets me turn sharp.
    80 pictures CLICK HERE

off set in a hole
    entering the hole

6. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

your pics look cool. it's good to hear it's working for you. on the net i only see 3 people saying bad things about it and only 3 companies saying good about it with there product ad review sites. but you figure there is hundreds sold allready. but you never hear from them with the good. i guess it's only worth saying something to most when they want to complain. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

maybe some one needs to have a 4x4 product reveiw site for the public to answer and grade like the site for MTBR.com (mountain bike review). /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. MR4WD

MR4WD 1/2 ton status

I just snapped the pinion in my Dana 60 front, which means all new bearings and 5.13 gears. I may decide to go with some sort of locker as opposed to the open carrier I have now. If this new electrac works, I'll probably buy that. Keep us posted!

8. mcinfantry

im headed to the mud pit today, ill keep you posted

9. nova

nova 1/2 ton status

so how did it go at the pit? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. mcinfantry

fantastic. it worked flawlessly, although again i didnt use it much as the limited slip is enough

click here for pics!