Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 extended brake line NAPA#?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ned Kelly, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I searched but couldn't find, but I"m sure it's been covered. Does anyone know a Napa # for an extended rubber brake line for about 4" of lift for a frt D60 (1985)? I don't want to get the expensive Superlifts if I don't have to.

Thanks

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Try this one-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It has a wierd lookin metal bracket thing on it that needs to be cut off before it's as long as it is in the pictures. Bolted up fine on my 60 as you can see. It's been awhile since I did this, but I seem to remember having to be alittle creative at the frame mounting end. Be sure you look at that brake line at the store and decide if you want to deal with cutting the bracket thing off of it.

And this is the Banjo bolt I used-
    [​IMG]

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

#38872 is the part number I used for my truck with a 4" lift.
    Harley

4. Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jethro- That sure is a long line! Probably more than I need. I did write down that part # though, in case I ever get my suspension flexy enough to make use of those!

Harley - did the #38872 fit on a D60? I did see this number mentioned in my search but I wasn't sure it was referred to as fitting a D60 application. If that part # will fit the D60 than that is exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks to both of you guys! Ned.:)

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

In one of the threads I found when I used 38872 in the search said that yes they will fit a D60. They said the only problem was that 77-78.5 model D60's used the 7/16" banjo bolt. I believe that the lines can be made to work with those bolts though.

But if your D60 is from 79 or newer you should be fine from what I found.

Harley