Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Front Spring Perch Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Jul 10, 2001.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

I noticed only after getting my new D60 positioned under my truck that the pin hole in the perch under the passenger side of the truck is filled in with something. Maybe a piece of a bolt or something? It looks like it might belong there, so I have not drilled it out yet.

Could someone tell me if the perch on the passenger side of their D60 is filled? And if it should be filled, what do I do with the post on the bottom of my spring on that side? If I remove the bolt, won't the spring come apart???!

Everyday I learn something new working on this DAMN thing! I can't wait to learn how to mash the pedal to the floor! She is almost ready for the street!

<font color=red> Check out my truck @ </font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm>http://24.10.209.54/bigolk5.htm</A> [​IMG]

2. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

There shouldn't be anything in the spring perch hole. You need to remove it, bolt it together and then mash the pedal to the floor. [​IMG]
    CB

1973 K5, 400TPI,TH350, 203/205, Dana60/Detroit/5.38 front and rear, 4" lift, 38" TSL's on steel wheels

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

DO NOT REMOVE THE BOLT FROM THE SPRING PACK!!!! Sorry for the caps but it is extremely important. There should be a recess for the bolt in the D60 springpad/housing. The old one may have sheered off in there. Take a good magnet and see if that fishes it out, if not you may have to drill. If you do, make sure you are centered and you make the hold just big enough for the center-bolt pin to fit (diameter and depth).

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?