Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 front u bolts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Okiemuddog, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Stephen I have recently acquired my D60 and I need to know the specs on the the u-bolts. The next questions is, D60's run 3 u-bolts and a set of studs correct? Do they have to be studs? I am unsure if my D60 has the studs or not, it is on its way to me, could I use grade 8 bolts instead or do they have to be studs?

Thanks,
    Krennen /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If it helps you any, I just bought my ubolts yesterday. 3 ubolts. 2 for the drivers side 3 1/4id x 9" and 1 inner ubolt for the pass side 4"id x 10"
    The other 2 hole I just measuered my springs, spring plate and depth of the hole. I bought 4" long x 5/8th's coarse thread bolts. Couldn't find any studs. Should be fine though..I hope. Let you know in a couple weeks /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Our kits come with studs but they're pretty long and sometimes you can't use them and have to go to bolts anyway. A GR8 5/8" coarse thread bolt works just fine if you have to go that route. So, you use 3 ubolts and 2 studs or bolts.

4. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Thanks Stephen, I knew you would know, almighty master of the D60 /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I don't know about the "master" part, though the D60 in my K5 knows who the boss is. If it gives me any lip I just get together with Mssr's 42 and 468 and that 60 either behaves or I snap it's little splines right off.

6. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and that 60 either behaves or I snap it's little splines right off.

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah spank it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif