Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigjbear, Sep 11, 2002.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Its been said before, but I'm saying it again. The deals are out there if you're willing to look for them! More later.

2. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

Jim don't tell me you are gonna convert /forums/images/icons/grin.gif if so were gonna have to do somthing about hooking Grimmy up /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

3. bigjbear

Something just fell into my lap, so I am starting on the '80 about a year sooner than I planned.

4. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i got my 60 but i still need 35 spline stubs, hubs,ARB, X-over steering, rock rod,wheels and 39's so unless a wad of cash falls into my pocket it'll be next year till i get mine in.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ok now I'm feeling lonely. I just have got built up to where most were a year ago. Now all my friends are 1 ton.

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

don't worry grimmy i'll keep and eye out for ya

7. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Don't worry Grimmy, I got my eye on some more Gov't auctions. If things go as planned I will make sure you have some 1-ton stuff at a "fair" price! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Mike

8. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hehe by the time I get done with upgrades I'm close to the price of a D60. Still have to figure in rims, rear axle and any driveshaft work and probably rear discs.

I have a set of warn shafts laying on my work bench waiting on a set of CTM's. Jack is still thinking /forums/images/icons/smile.gif .....If he thinks much long I'm going to have to just buy them because I need them for Dixie run and I only have 2.5 weekends left to work on the truck before that. Waiting on parts from Mile Marker for my 203 that I need to install. I need to look at my rear brakes, Have Disc stuff on it's way but not sure that I want Testing on that the week before Dixie run and Dixie run. Last place I want to be sorting out brake issues is on Slick Rock. I also need to do some work on my little redneck camper.
    My hope with the front axle is to follow Keith and Depdog through the rock garden where they both blew the front shafts last year without breaking anything in the driveline. Show that it can be done /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Well since I know where they are at, I would'nt say they fell into your lap, more like yer gonna have to WORK for it.

LOL, been there done that. Grim, dude your on the uphill side of a downhill slope!

Mike, let us know when and where and I will see if I can help you out again /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Depdog

10. bigjbear

That wasn't quite the right phrase. I guess Keith told you about it, or was I bidding against you? I meant it more as I had no plans on buying one this soon. I wanted to finish the '73 before I started working on the '80, again. I'll still be running the 1/2 ton stuff well into next year. Unless I find some more good deals, that is. There was no way I could pass on this deal. Guys, you need to watch those gov auction sites.

11. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Jim,

Don't be telling everyone about it, or we won't be able to find such good deals anymore! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Mike

12. bigjbear

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I'm still with ya Grimmy. I'm still waitng for that money tree to sprout in my yard as well. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif