Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 front

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, Oct 7, 2002.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Ok here's the deal, found a line on a d60 front out of a k30. Supposedly complete. Asking $225 what should I worry about for bolting into my sub? I know the calipers won't work off of my d44. Am I going to be replacing brake lines? How about U bolts and spring plates? Will my exsiting sway bar work? Just a few questions. Aaron /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

When I put my D60 in the K5, all I had to change was the brake lines - went with ORD stainless ones that bolted directly in. Other than that, you need to have the spring plates and new Ubolts since the originals are the wrong size. U-joint in my case matched up. Existing sway bar will work.

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

You'll need new spring plates and u-bolts, as the axle tubes are larger, and there is one ubolt and two studs, and probably brakelines. Try to get the spring plates with the axle if you can, if not chevy dealers have them. Rebuilt calipers are like $12 each with core. Same sway bar. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif$225 is a great deal. Don't know much.

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

spring plates u-bolts and brake lines. $225 is AWESOME

5. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

If for some reason you pass this up, please let me know.

6. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Ok here's the deal, False alarm!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifNeedless to say I was very upset when my friend explained his inability to defereciate between a front and rear axle. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifYeah he's clueless /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gifOh well hopefully he still want's my other axles. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

AW MAN!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif