Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

d60 gearing ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by joefl, Jul 1, 2005.

1. joefl

joefl 1/2 ton status

Im fixing to put in some gears in the front D60. I got 5:13 in the rear. I was thinking on running 5:38 in the front. Would that be to much of difference in gears if I want to drive it on the road every once in awhile? It should be ok as long I keep it in 2x4, correct? It is mainly for mud.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Why not just put 5.13's in the front also and be done with it?? What's your reasoning for wanting different gears in the front?

3. muddog

muddog 1/2 ton status

i am with 6.2diesel on this one...unless you are waiting for the 14 bolt 5.38's to come out.

But yes running in 2wd you are not hurting anything....running in 4wd in the mud you take a chance of hurting something..probably a t-case if it is the 208. as long as there is enough slip..(I ran 4.56 front and 5.13 rear for a short while waiting on my gears to get in, but I have an abundance of parts so was not worried about it, also used only when needed)