Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 HP or LP

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steve_kibbe, May 18, 2005.

1. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I came across a nicely built married ford np205 thats twin sticked with a fixed rear yoke and am planning on a doubler in the future. I want the 32 spline output shafts shafts out of it, but started thinking about using a HP dana 60 rather than a LP. What do y'all think. I'm putting it in my 72 Blazer running a BBC, th350, doubler(with which ever t-case drop I choose), 14 BFF out back, and most likely 39.5 boggers.

I'm not going to have a pass side HP made, but use a driver side HP Dana 60.

What do y'all think......

Steve

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I think I have a married Ford 205 and a High Pinion 60... oh yeah DO IT. You can get thick cut gears for a High pinion 60 so no carrier purchase is neccessary(I'm going to get a detroit anyway). I don't see any reason not to, unless you are a Chevy Purest. I could care less, whatever works best. I sold my LP 60 and replaced it with the HP.

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

I would do it. I was going to go HP 60, but plans changed, lol.

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i dont see why not, providing you have the funds. go for it, then post pics so we can all drool :D

5. steve_kibbe

Thanks for encouraging words :D

I think I'm going to end up doing it this way. Right now I'm just kicking around ideas, but I'm constantly looking for good deals on parts. When I do the doubler, I'm going to clock the 203 so the shift linkage is on top, not on bottom. I talked to Kyle at northwest fabworks about the doubler, and I think I'm gunna get mine from him. He's a very knowledgeable guy.

Now the search continues............

Thanks Guys :thumb:

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I like the HP drivers side, it think it is a good idea, mainley because by it beeing on the drivers side you cand more eaisley see what you are going to hit with it, where as with the pumkin on the drivers side, you are kinda guessing where the pumkin is gonna be
    did that make any sence?

7. steve_kibbe

Makes sense to me :cool1: