Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

D60 Hub Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Aquaman, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

I have got a Dodge D60 with dually hubs on it. I had to piece together the axle, so I don't have any of the internals for the hub, except for the actual flange. What else do I need? Anybody got any part #'s?

2. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Not sure what you have but, you need bearings (maybe races for the hub) spindle nuts and the hub seal. Here is a site with the spindle nuts. Any auto parts place will have the bearings, races and seals.

60 PARTS

3. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

Thanks Ryan. But how many of what do I need? And why does the kit include 2 nuts, 1 flat washer, and 1 lock washer? Is the kit for both sides, or just one?

4. backyardbuilt

You will need 2 kits with this part # (#PM 33732K $13.95) and 2 inner bearings and 2 outer bearings a 2 seals if you need races for the bearings you need 2 of each like the bearings. But the hubs should have tham already. I was gonna post this with my other post but fiqured I would wait and see if you needed the info first.

5. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

there is nothing inside the hub. The only thing I have that goes inside the hub is the actual flange (1 chunk of metal for each side), so I needed to find out what else goes in there. I still don't completely get why 1 kit comes with 2 spindle nuts though.

6. backyardbuilt

The race is a beveled piece the bearings ride on and is pressed into the hub it looks like it is part of the hub.(I will try to get a pic for you tonight) As for the spindle nuts flat washer goes in first then the 1 with the pin, pin facing out (torgue it to spec) then goes the lock washer with the holes which the pin in the nut goes thru (may have to back off or tighten the nut a little to do this) then the outer nut goes on (torgue it to spec) this is what holds it all together and preloads the bearings. Send more ?'s if you need to. I'll answer them if I can.

7. Aquaman

Aquaman 1/2 ton status

no more questions yet. Thanks for the info Ryan.